Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Like Snow

It is close to midnight. And I am exhausted. This week, I have had 3 exams, 2 papers due (one is done, the other still needs to be completed), and the normal homework load. I am completely brain dead and ready for a break. My mind reflects this. Made a 70 on my math exam. Part of me feels like a failure. And yet, I studied so hard! I am going to go talk to my math professor and see what can be done. I cannot wait until I go home. 3 more days of classes and hard core work, then I can relax a bit. I will have a paper to do, math homework, Latin translation, and chemistry review. This makes me tired just thinking about it. But, I will get through. A poem came to mind today as it snowed this week and as I had an enjoyable conversation with my Piano professor about this author today:
Suppose we did our work
like the snow, quietly, quietly.
leaving nothing out.
~Wendell Berry
This poem soothed my soul, and brought me peace. Hopefully it will stop snowing soon, and I can wear shorts once again!! At home I will be able to. I still need to pack. Sweet southern weather! Cannot wait.
But until then, let me accomplish my work, just like the snow. Let me do it without drawing attention to myself, and doing it to the best of my ability without looking for gain. This is a worker-a hard worker. That is my prayer tonight. I shall never give up. The Lord has gave me strength to continue through the day, and will continue to provide me with a hope that soothes thy aching heart as I sit in His presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment