Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Book Finds

Spring weather has final arrived in the south I think. To me this means walks, cleaning the house and.....book searching! Just yesterday I went to an antique store and found several good finds. I shall a few pictures some. One is not a old book, but I have been wanting to obtain it for a while. Paul Johnson's, Art. It is a reference book with beautiful pictures and descriptions. Since I am on spring break today and have nothing better to do, save clean my room, I will bask in the gorgeous weather and look at art. Tomorrow I may even go to the newish modern art museum downtown,
Also upon my nightstand resides the Book of Amber, to which I have only gotten 100 pages through. It seems to have a very intriguing plot line, starting with a man named Corwin, who has lost his memories due to am accident. Because of this, the first few chapters are based on him trying to find his memories in this mystical world called Amber. Thanks to several siblings( he has a whole hoard of them)  by page 100, he gets them back, and we are introduced to yet another more definite plot. His evil brother, is now king of Amber, and his legacy as told to him by his supposed to be dead father, is to rule Amber. But with all of his brothers and sisters trying to fight for the throne, it seems impossible for him to gain this.
I am intrigued to see how the author will take the story now. It is not per say a book of great literature, but thus far it has intrigued my mind with story.

No comments:

Post a Comment