Thursday, March 28, 2013

By Flashlight

Early morning today. 8am chemistry lab-but we did get out early, so that is a praise. Last night, into the wee hours, I read by flashlight to my roommate. A tradition most recently acquired. We started the Father Brown stories, to which I have already read several years ago, but have been wanting to re-read. The book did not reside upon my shelf until just yesterday, when my parents sent me an Easter box in the mail. Chesterton intrigues my mind-and stretches my intelligence. Here are just a few quotes to which I found last night in the story of the Blue Cross:
"The most incredible thing about miracles is that they happen."
"wisdom should reckon on the unforeseen."
It brightened my day to once again awake with a book upon my lap.


This afternoon, after my Roman History class, I head North with my roommate. Classes do not resume until Tuesday and I intend to spend a great part of my day basking in the cold air of the sun-reading and soaking in the great mysteries of Chesterton.

No comments:

Post a Comment